So I thought I would do a tag for you all. Here is one I found a while ago, I don’t know who the original creator is but obviously it wasn’t me :P Feel free to do the tag though! Jess, I tag you!
1. Favorite children’s book/fairytale? I thought about this for a while… just kidding it was like one minute but still. And I have decided to choose Dear Dumb Diary (I think that’s what it is called). My sister bought me this book when I was maybe 10? I’m not sure, but I used to absolutely LOVE it! I wasn’t a very big reader as a kid, apart from the picture books and Little Golden Books, but I remember re-reading this book so many times, so I have to give it to this one.
2. Do you have more than one copy of the same book? Same or different edition? No I think that would be kind of pointless to be honest. Plus, I don’t have the money to singular copies of books let along multiple copies!
3. If you could change the fate of one book character, who would you choose? I didn’t realise there were going to be difficult questions in this book tag. ***SPOILER FOR DIVERGENT SERIES*** I would change the fate for Triss. I really didn’t like how the book ended. So I would definitely not let Triss die. I think it was really selfish of her to do that, even though it was meant to be a “selfless” act and all, but it just ruined the series for me. I honestly didn’t even like Triss that much, but I loved Four and so for his sake, I am changing the fate of Triss. **SPOILER OVER**
4. Do you use a bookmark or dog-ear the pages? Definitely book mark. I don’t see why anyone should dog ear the pages, like seriously, why do it? WHY?!
5. Choose a book character you would like to have as a friend in real life. I would love to have Meredith from Anna and the French Kiss as a friend. I think she was such a nice friend to Anna, even though Anna kind of betrayed her. She was also really funny and outgoing and I sort of need that in a friend otherwise I am really shy.
6. Which book do you think had the worst plot? There are so many books but one that I read recently that I …just couldn’t even, was The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. This book was just so stupid and everyone raves about it? Seriously a girl gets with her dead sisters boyfriend, and another guy AT THE SAME TIME? I don’t know about you, but that is just all kinds of wrong to me.
7. Which do you prefer: eReaders, tablets or physical books? I read mainly on my ipad both for price and the simplicity of not having to hold an actual book and lug it around/find a comfortable position to read in. BUT I love looking at the books on my shelf and being able to just flip through the book etc. So I am 50/50 I think.
8. Do you watch book trailers? No, I didn’t know they existed until about a year ago, BUT I feel like they give too much away, and I really like going into books blind, especially contemporary books, and since that’s pretty much all I read, I don’t watch trailers for them. But I do think it’s a nice idea to have a book trailer. But that’s also what the blurb is for so…?
9. Do you prefer a book series or stand-alone books? Hands down stand-alone. I just find I get bored of book series, or I really like the first one and then the rest are all crap. But then with a stand-alone, you have the problem of wanting more and not getting it. But still stand-alone fo’ shiz.
10. Does the book cover affect your decision on whether or not to buy the book? Um YES! I am definitely one that judges a book by its cover. If I don’t like the cover, I probably won’t even give it a second glance, unless I have heard rave reviews about it. I’ve probably missed out on so many great books this way, but seriously, if they want people to read it, they need to have really good covers.
11. And what is your favourite book cover? This is really hard for me, there re so many I can’t choose! I do really like The Catastrophic…, A Little Something Different, Stolen aaaand Shatter Me
12. Did you ever buy a book you thought you would love but couldn’t even finish? Which one? I didn’t buy the book but my very good friend bought me An Abundance of Katherines, and I read the blurb and really liked the sound of it, but I couldn’t get past 60 pages. It was just so BORING, although I will go back and re-read it because I don’t feel right saying I hate the book when I haven’t finished it.
13. Which book has touched you the most? Why? Still Alice by Lisa Genova. I can’t even explain how this book has changed me, but I just know I was different after reading that book. For weeks, even now months after I read it, I find myself going back to it and thinking… WOW. It has just changed my view on the world, and Alzheimer’s disease in general. It really makes you stop and think, especially for me who didn’t really know anything about it. And the fact that the book is written from the perspective of an Alzherimer’s patient, it just gets you that much more.
14. Which book have you re-read the most? Probably Twilight! I loved that book so much. I haven’t re-read a book in a while though but I am planning omg re-reading The Catastrophic History of You and Me real soon!
15. How do you select new books to read? Generally it’s what I am in the mood for. Lately, I’ve been in the mood for a GOOD BOOK yet I can’t seem to find one. I’ve been leaning more towards NA books but I seem to be enjoying YA books more. I also go by what I see everyone else is reading. If I see someone on Instagram or YouTube raving about a book, and it’s something I might like, I will generally go and get it, and then read it.
Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Here you shall find reviews of all books I read, as well as book recommendations, TAGs and other bookish stuff :)
Click here to see my rating system.
I am a Book Depository affiliate! Use the link below to check out TBD!